Buccaneer Bay at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park is a Florida summertime family favorite.
To make your day at Florida’s only spring-fed waterpark hassle-free and fun for all, keep these tips in mind:
- Arrive early. Summer time is prime time at Buc Bay. The Park opens at 9:00am and, upon reaching capacity, no additional admission tickets will be sold.
- Plan for comfort. Bring your chair, towels, hat, and polarized sunglasses. Don’t forget plenty of sunscreen too. Buccaneer Bay’s white sand is reflective. Drink plenty of water to stay cool and hydrated.
- Shoes and shirts are required. Go ahead and shed them on the Buc Bay beach but all other locations throughout Weeki Wachee Springs State Park require shoes and shirts.
- Rent an inner tube from Buc Bay for the lazy river float.
- Grab some snacks, burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers and more from Pirates Grubb on-site. Also right there is the Snack Shack for ice cream and cold drinks. The Tiki Bar is where “adult kids” can enjoy frozen drinks, beer or wine and grilled food items. Bring a cooler if you like with your pre-made picnic food but leave any beer or wine behind. Grilling/cooking is not permitted.
- Keep an eye on the sky. Florida’s Adventure Coast is prone to sudden summertime thunderstorms. If thunder rumbles or lightning is nearby, pack up and plan to exit. The State Park may ask you to leave Buccaneer Bay for safety reasons. Announcements are made as needed.
- Buccaneer Bay is a natural spring, therefore it’s accessible to wildlife that may inhabit the river. Wildlife may include turtles, manatees, birds and more. In the unlikely event that you see an animal, DO NOT approach, touch or feed. It is against the law.
- Leave your pet at home or boarded nearby. Ask a Visitors Bureau representative about pet day care and pet lodging options on Florida’s Adventure Coast.
Have fun at one of Florida’s most amazing outdoor family attractions! Learn more about Buccanneer Bay and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, classic Florida family attractions.